Victoria Smith-Gillard Dip.CBH GQHP AMACDip.
Psychology of Selves
You are a sum of your parts. Psychology of Selves focuses on accessing, working with and bringing in ‘parts’ of your self, so you can feel more accepting of your whole self. This approach involves a small amount of movement. It can be used as a session in its own right, or combined with other disciplines as part of a tailored approach to your therapy. It can be used for any problem you are struggling with, and can help you to:
- Increase your energy and vitality
- Gain insights into underlying issues and a clearer understanding of your self
- Improve your self-esteem and reduce inner conflict
- Resolve emotional issues and habits
- Improve personal relationships
- Problem solve creatively
- Access personal resources, and maybe even find some more!
- Make more informed choices from an enhanced perspective
- See situations from a new perspective
- Let go of or transform stuck energy patterns
- Acknowledge and accept more, or gradually all, aspects of your self
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Your thoughts (Cognitive) affect your feelings, which affect your behaviour (Behavioural). By changing one, you can change the others.
In CBT, you learn: 1) how to identify and challenge unhelpful thoughts, perceptions, beliefs and behaviours and 2) how to reconstruct, change them, or problem-solve in order to have a positive impact on the way you think, feel and behave. CBT is evidence-based, tailored to the individual, and can help a wide range of people with a variety of issues, including: anxiety, stress, depression and low self-esteem.
CBT can help to:
- Relieve emotional distress
- Install new ways of thinking and behaving that improve your overall wellbeing; how you feel about yourself, others and the world.
- Gain insights into underlying issues and the personal impact of the internal programs you run from childhood
- Promote positive change in individuals
- Improve relationships, and communication and assertiveness skills
- Develop healthier and/or additional coping skills and abilities
- Build a stack of resources to be your own therapist long-term
- Develop beliefs that serve you rather than limit or restrict
- Tackle issues that affect your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing
- Understand and be more aware of the link between your thoughts, feelings and behaviour in relation to the situation/event itself.
- Gain evidence to support the changes being made
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
NLP gathers together a set of techniques which promote development, growth and positive change for an individual or organisation. NLP uses the power of the unconscious mind (imagination, creativity, etc.), as well as questioning and spatial exercises, to gain insights and to guide that positive change.
Neuro – your mind and the way you think
Linguistic – how the language you use (verbal and body language) impacts you and others
Programming – how the steps you take to achieve your goals reveal habitual thoughts, feelings and behaviours (programs), which can be changed
“NLP gives you greater control over the ability to be your best self more often”
The Coaching Academy
Using NLP techniques can help you to:
- Change and manage how you feel, think and behave no matter what the situation
- Alleviate emotional distress and increase emotional freedom
- Adopt and install new resourceful thinking patterns, and states
- Adopt and install beliefs that serve and empower you rather than limit/restrict
- Tackle your fears and phobias
- Increase self-esteem
- Improve communication and relationships
- Identify and remove obstacles, blocks and that feeling of being stuck
- Problem-solve creatively
- Overcome conflict
- Gain a clearer understanding of yourself and others and how you both view life
- Set clearer goals and clarify what you want1
- Manage your time more effectively
- Move from where you are…. to where you want to be
1the more positively and specifically you can describe what you want, the more likely you are to achieve it.
Life Coaching is a process designed to expand your consciousness…getting you to think outside the box…offering you tools and techniques to help expand that consciousness with your goal at the forefront of your Coaching sessions. It is a dual process of talking and actually taking action. We listen, we observe, we question, we challenge, and we do this so we may help you achieve what you want to achieve.
- Brings your awareness to more options and choices, to obstacles and blocks and to help you move through those
- Challenges your language and beliefs1 to empower you
- Promotes you taking responsibility for your life…your happiness… and how you want it to be…and being accountable for your actions and progress to your Coach
- Supports your personal or professional growth throughout the process
- Helps to identify and achieve personal/professional goals step-by-step
- Helps you to address and improve your work-life balance
- Helps to develop or increase self-belief
- Helps to develop your potential (skills, talents, being your best self more often)
1It helps to deal with limiting beliefs and attitudes that originate from the past, but it does not focus on the past experiences that may have caused those.